Staying With Us
Accommodation is provided in our modern en-suite rooms, all suitable for couples, families or small groups. Our six En-suite rooms all have bath and showers facilities.
We have furnished our En-suite rooms with the following combinations:
- Double and Bunk beds (max 4 persons)
- Twin and Bunk beds (max 4 persons)
- Twin and 2 Bunk beds (max 6 persons)
- Double and 2 Single beds (max 4 persons)
All rooms are equipped with tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer and colour TV.
Travel Cots are available on request
Our Bunkhouse is equipped with 9 single beds and 2 en-suite shower rooms.
We take bookings for the whole room or by the bed, so can accommodate you whether you are part of a group or travelling solo.
Please note that all the beds are single beds (no bunks!) and we include linen, towel and breakfast in the tariff.
We also have 2 en-suite rooms suitable for bunkhouse type useage, with a twin and bunk or twin and 2 x bunks, so can cater for groups of 4 to 19 in bunkhouse style accommodation. Large group rates on request.
Our full menu is now available all day, every day (12pm to 9pm)
We use local and fresh ingredients where possible, as befits our location in the Highlands and by the Sea, and with them we create Contemporary Scottish Dishes treating you to interesting flavours in a healthy and contemporary style (and we don't have a deep fat fryer!).
Every dish is annotated for Vegetarian (V), Vegan (Vn), Nut-free (N), Gluten-free (G) or Dairy-free (D).
Sample Menu . . .
- Local Prawn Tails cooked in Garlic Butter (N,G)
- Soup of the day & home-made bread (V)
- Mezze, selection of Moroccan appetizers (V)
- Kintyre Smoked Mussels (N)
- Glenuig Smoked Salmon Pate (N,G)
- Warm Camembert, chutney & home-made bread (V,N)
- Cullen Skink & our own home-made bread (N)
- Warm Salad of Glenuig Smoked Duck with Pears, Beetroot & Chorizo (N,D)
- Local Prawn Tails, new potatoes & salad (N,G)
- Root Vegetable Tagine with fruity cous cous (Vn,N,G,D)
- Sea Bass with roasted cherry tomatoes & blue cheese sauce (N,G)
- Chicken Coconut Curry with mixed rice & vegetables (G,D)
- Stuffed Field Mushrooms with new potatoes & salad (V,N)
- Lamb Kofta Kebabs with salsa, raita & fruity cous cous (N)
- Home-made Venison burger, potato wedges and salad (N)
- Harissa Spiced Salmon fillet with cous cous & salad (N)
- Pan-fried Scallops with Chorizo & Sun-dried Tomato cream sauce (N,G)
- Smoked Mackerel Salad with new potatoes
- Chocolate Brownie & Ice-cream (V,N)
- T'fah Moroccan Apple Pudding (V,N,G)
- Lemon Pannacotta with Strawberry coulis (N)
- Trio of home-made Ice Cream (V)
- Sticky Toffee Pudding (V,N)
- Cheeseboard (V)
Real Ales (no gas or chemicals), Natural Soft Drinks (no colouring or additives), Natural Mixers (no chemical tainting), Quaffable Wines (no crazy prices) and Lots of Malts (no comment!) . . .
All our ales and ciders are brewed in Scotland, and we are proud to sell draught Scottish Stout, Bitter, and Pale Ales; we even have a Lager style Ale for those preferring the continental taste. As well as draught Cider, we also have a range of bottled fruit and flavoured Ciders to complement our extensive range of bottled Real Ales.
At the last count we had over 30 different soft drinks and mixers, and not one of them has any artificial flavouring, sweetener or chemical additive.
We have deliberately turned away from the ubiquitous and mundane, away from artificial additives and global corporates. We are focussed on providing real taste, real flavour and a real alternative, and we trust you too will enjoy this refreshing approach to refreshment . . .
So as to ensure no-one is disappointed whilst staying with us, or visiting us, we publish some guidelines as to the standards of behaviour expected of our guests and visitors.
We do not tolerate swearing, lewd or abusive behaviour or any form of behaviour deemed to be anti-social by any guests or staff. We are not under any obligation to serve alcohol to visitors or guests, whoever they may be and under whatever guise they may have booked accommodation.
We provide facilities suitable for individuals, couples, families, friends and groups to enjoy the outdoors, and to be able to relax and enjoy a civilised meal and drink, and will not change this policy; in the opposite, we are forthright in enforcing this policy and reserve the right to remove offenders from the premises, whether or not they may have booked accommodation.
The Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 applies to all.